Things we need
If your place of employment regularly throws out items which have reached their usage date, please ask your managers to consider donating them to a wildlife rescue. Needles, syringes, forceps etc all cost money and donations of these can be a huge help with funds, especially when they will otherwise just go to waste.
Each Hedgehog costs around £5 per week to feed and house and medications are an additional expense. All financial donations are gratefully received, a single donation or a regular commitment, everything helps and every penny goes on the animals.
You can donate safely via Paypal and you no longer need a Paypal account to do so. Just click on the button in the sidebar of any page to donate or why not take a look at our sponsorship opportunities which might be ideal for an upcoming birthday gift.
As an alternative to a financial donation our little prickly people would be very grateful for the following:
- Heatpads. These are vital to keep the really sick guys warm whilst treatment is going on.
We never have enough and the incubators are usually occupied. These really can be a lifesaver and w'll take as many as we can get.
The only proviso is they must be temperature controlled and capable of being left on 24/7. Some of the pads must be turned off after an hour to avoid overheating and these are no good for our patients.
- Kitchen rolls or thick paper towels. We go through these like you would not believe when cleaning out cages.
Food and bedding
- Tinned dog and/or cat food (not gravy or fish please)
- Small cat biscuits or tiny dog biscuits
- Tins of Royal Canin Baby Dog milk replacement powder. For the tiny babies straight from the nest not yet weaned.
- Dried Mealworms
- Fleeces and blankets (without holes and stitching which may pull and cause injuries)
- Small plastic storage boxes without without lids. Size approx. 12" x 8". These make great nest boxes and are easy to sterilise.
- Bulldog clips and small S shaped hooks for hanging notes on hog cages
- Printer paper and A4 card
- Envelopes (any size or shape)
- Good condition hutches, stackable if possible. Every time we think we're full, another one turns up and the hedgehog high rise goes up another level.
- Green enamel coated wire mesh panels 1m x 0.7m approx. Can be found in Scats and elsewhere. Used in conjunction with timber below to make outside pre-release pens
- Apple tree stakes (2m lengths) or 1x1 tanalised timber
- Rolls of green plastic trellis 0.7m width approx.
- Good quality saleable items
- Raffle and Tombola prizes
- Lucky Dip prizes for children.
- Designer Labels
- Thanks to Greenham Common Trust, we now have our marquee and display boards.
- Folding display stand
All donations will be very gratefully accepted and, if edible, gratefully eaten